- This event has passed.
Free Meditation in Balham, South London, SW12
December 10, 2014 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pmFree
When: Awaiting dates
• Guided meditations to help reduce stress and achieve the peace of true meditation.
• Tips on how to help stay in balance during the day and how to meditate at home.
The meditation is based on connecting with our inner chakras (energy centres) and balancing our subtle body. The tradition and aims of meditation are explained which in essence is to be in the present with no mental activity or thoughts about the past or the future. Short guided meditations with affirmations are used to clear and balance the subtle body to enable the silence of meditation to be experienced. During the meditation, participants sit on a chair (with shoes removed to connect with the Mother Earth) with hands on their laps.
• Join in at anytime, even if you’ve not attended before. No booking required.
• Chairs are provided. No physical exercises, postures or special clothing are required.
• Class duration is about 90 minutes.
• Across London there are about 14 weekly classes running which you are welcome to attend.