Free Meditation – Yoga meetings in Swiss Cottage, North London, NW3
Free Meditation meetings are held
Every TUESDAY at 7.30 – 9.00 at the:
Swiss Cottage Community Centre, 19 Winchester Road, London,
Greater London NW3 3NR
Contact (Colin): 07942 709 347
Sahaja Yoga Free Meditation classes have been running in Swiss Cottage for over a decade now.
Swiss Cottage itself is part of the London Borough of Camden and is named after an inn called The Swiss Tavern that was built in 1804 in the style of a Swiss chalet and on the site of a former tollgate keeper’s cottage.
The inn was later renamed Swiss Cottage. Nowadays, volunteers travel from across London to stage the weekly Tuesday evening free meditation session at the Swiss Cottage Community Centre on Winchester Road starting at 7.30pm.
What’s it all about – what can I expect at the weekly meeting?
Learn and experience…
• Simple meditation techniques.
• Guided meditations to help reduce stress and achieve the peace of true meditation.
• Tips on how to help stay in balance during the day and how to meditate at home.
About the meditation and classes…
The tradition and aims of meditation are explained which in essence is to be in the present with no mental activity or thoughts about the past or the future. Mental silence is the key ingredient.
Short guided meditations with affirmations are used to clear and balance the subtle body to enable the silence of meditation to be experienced.
During the meditation, participants sit on a chair (with shoes removed to connect with the Mother Earth) with hands on their laps.
• Classes are suitable for both complete beginners and regular meditators.
• Join in at anytime, even if you’ve not attended before. No booking required.
• Chairs are provided. No physical exercises, postures or special clothing are required.
• Class duration is about 90 minutes.
• All classes are free of charge.
• Across London there are about 14 weekly classes running which you are welcome to attend.
• General enquiries for the Swiss Cottage – Tuesday night meeting – please call Jim on: 07956 222 098
When: Tuesdays @ 7.30pm
Where: Swiss Cottage Community Centre, 19 Winchester Road, Swiss Cottage, NW3 3NR
How Much: Admission is Free – Sahaja Yoga classes are run by volunteers.
You can join a class in any of the following centres in London.