Achieve Yoga & Learn to Meditate for Free in Balham, SW12
See Meet up page for dates & times
Sahaja Yoga Free Meditation classes have been running in Balham for over a decade now. Balham itself is part of the London Borough of Wandsworth. The settlement appears in the Doomsday Book as Belgeham. Bal refers to ’rounded enclosure’ and ham to a homestead, village or river enclosure. Nowadays, volunteers travel from across London to stage the weekly Wednesday evening Sahaja Yoga free meditation session at the Balham Library on Ramsden Road at 7.30pm.
What’s it all about – what can I expect at the weekly meeting?
Learn and experience…
• Simple meditation techniques.
• Guided meditations to help reduce stress and achieve the peace of true meditation.
• Tips on how to help stay in balance during the day and how to meditate at home.
About the meditation and classes…
The meditation is based on connecting with our inner chakras (energy centres) and balancing our subtle body. The tradition and aims of meditation are explained which in essence is to be in the present with no mental activity or thoughts about the past or the future. Short guided meditations with affirmations are used to clear and balance the subtle body to enable the silence of meditation to be experienced. During the meditation, participants sit on a chair (with shoes removed to connect with the Mother Earth) with hands on their laps.
• Classes are suitable for both complete beginners and regular meditators.
• Join in at anytime, even if you’ve not attended before. No booking required.
• Chairs are provided. No physical exercises, postures or special clothing are required.
• Class duration is about 90 minutes.
• All classes are free of charge. Pop along to the Balham Meet Up Page
• Across London there are about 14 weekly classes running which you are welcome to attend.
• General enquiries for the Balham Library – Wednesday night meeting – please call Ciaran on: 07939 524 096
When: Wednesdays @ 7.30pm – check meet up page to see if running
Where: Balham Library, 16 Ramsden Road, Balham SW12 8QY
Off Balham High Street starting at 7.30pm.
You can email for more details on: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Much: Admission is Free – Sahaja Yoga classes are run by volunteers.
You can join a class in any of the following Free Courses in London